Thursday, July 26, 2007

Skip Prosser Dead


It's just been reported that Wake Forest coach Skip Prosser died of heart attack today while jogging. He was fifty-six years old. Before leaving for Wake in 2001 Prosser was the head coach at Xavier. My defining memory of Prosser would have to be their 3OT tournament game against West Virginia in 2005, which might be the best game I have ever seen.

From everything I've heard he was a genuinely good guy and will surely be greatly missed. Sad story.

Wake Forest Coach Skip Prosser Dies at 56

3 Comments:

Guy said...

Very sad story. I wasn't in the Xavier community when he was coaching there, but I have heard nothing but good things about him.

Daris said...

ya, horrible news. For some reason the title "Skip Prosser Dead" sounds a little cold. Were you having a bad day or something log?

Matt Jenks said...

It's been rough down here. I was floored when I heard the news last night. It made a bad day worse.

He was a good coach and very likeable man.

The only thing was, when I heard them talking about it on the radio last night, the stupid host asked the "ACC Expert" "Has any program ever had to deal with something like this, ACC or no?"

Uh, dumbass. Terry Hoeppner? God, I hate our local radio stations.