Tuesday, August 7, 2007

O'Charlie Challenges God

Charlie Weis was asked about the Irish's prospects this season, and eventually the subject of rebuilding was brought up. At first, Charlie didnt quite hear the question , and responded "Yes, I love building my own burger at Chili's. More restaurants should let you do that." Then, he realized the reporter was talking about his teams prospects, and the idea of having to rebuild. Charlie wasn't having it. Being the big, tough guy he is, Weis said, "God strike me dead if I use that word"

God, wasn't immediately available for comment, but released this press statement from Heaven:"That jackass has to be kidding. I almost killed him once in an attempt to get him off his high carb diet, and now this? So, what happens if he says rebuilding? Do I have to kill him? God damn, this puts me in a sticky situation"

Weis doesn't care. He does and says whatever he wants. I can only imagine how shocked he was when the verdict was handed down at his case. He's challenging God now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's serious. His ego is alive and well. Unfortunately, he hasn't found a way to eat that yet.

South Bend Tribune. I forgot how funny this newspaper is.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess after a 1-4 start he can just say my team fuckin blows. Then God wouldn't have to do anything and he can go on vacation.

Guy said...

I built my own burger at Damon's one night: WOW

I got pulled pork, onion straws, and swiss cheese on it. Yes, pulled pork on a burger. It was awesome. I also felt very fat afterwards.

mjenks said...

Sadly for Charlie, there's not a Fuddruckers in South Bend/Mishawaka.

After the mess left in the wake of Davieham, every year has been a rebuilding year. Teaching the offense how to a) not run the ball up the middle and b) not go three and out every series has been enough rebuilding. I won't even touch the 8-man senior class he's dealing with (not counting the 5th years).

mjenks said...

guy: Ever been to a Ted's Montana Grill? They serve a burger with a fried egg on top. I assumed the sound of marbles banging together as I swallowed each delicious mouthful was my arteries hardening.

And I wonder why I had gall bladder issues...

Guy said...

haha yes actually I have. Probably the best burger I've ever had.

That one just sounds fowl.

sammich said...

oh you will love this then. At the real Miami University in Oxford there is a bar called... well I don't remember the name of it. But anyways they have this burger called the Ron Harper. I kid you not, he is a faithful muohio alum, so why not name a burger after him. On top of the 1/2 pound burger is a fried egg, bacon, cheddar, bbq, mayo, and whatever vegetables you desire. So far it has claimed 3 lives.

Formspring Clone said...

Such a wonderful post. Thanks for the share. It was very interesting and informative.
Web Designing| Quora Clone|

hcg said...

I really like your w Thank you for the article, very useful piece of writing. Rating