I was reading some headlines on Fox News just a minute ago and came to the realization that our major media sources are trying to dumb us down.
The most read stories on Fox News consisted of:
1. A man who choked a bobcat to death
2. An 8ft alligator being found in a
3. A man, doused in gasoline, who died after being shot by a taser gun fired by a police officer
4. A Michigan Mom who is serving 12-22 years for a sex "contract" with underage girl.
5. A Bikini Model Turned Newswoman for Fox Reality show Anchorwomen
6. A Manuscript showing Isaac Newton's calculation of the Apocalypse
A few other stories not worth mentioning were also included.
I can't begin to explain how many problems I have every time I look at a most read or most viewed story section on the internet. Why does our country care about this kind of stuff? Do the major media sources have a responsibility to report important news, or can they only focus on those stories which make them the most money?
It's hard for me to consider the majority of American's "informed" if they are skipping over major international news for a quick fix of ridiculousness.
Terrorists have taken over the Gaza Strip.
Editing is like needing to let a really gross fart around a bunch of strangers. It just sucks.