Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ESPN Confirms Clausen Story

As happy as it makes me to prove all the assholes who doubted me wrong, as a fan of ND football I am not pleased to report that almost 24 hours after I posted my article about Jimmy Clausen's elbow surgery, ESPN.com came out and confirmed my original story, citing an unnamed friend of the freshman QB. ESPN then contacted a Notre Dame official who said Clausen would be ready for fall practice.

First, I want to say that I'm skeptical that Clausen will be ready for practice in the fall. It makes sense for Notre Dame to try to downplay the situation to negate the inevitable panic from ND fans. With that being said, even if he is somehow ready for the start of fall practice, this is still a huge story. By missing the entire summer Clausen will be at a huge disadvantage in the quarterback race. In my opinion it almost assures that Demetrius Jones will win what was already going to be a tough competition. Regardless, it is absurd to think that my original story is somehow discredited just because ND says he will be available for fall practices.

If you are a fellow ND fan, I'm sorry that this was proven to be true. If you are one of the people who made insulting comments, you can post your apologies to myself, Daris, and 'Buzzsaw' in the comments section.

7 Comments:

BigLots said...

As a Notre Dame fan, this news is upsetting because I would have loved to see an open tryout for the starting quarterback spot. It looks like we might have to wait until next year to see that. On the other hand, as a fan of this blog and a sometimes contributor, I am happy to see that Log was at least partiatlly right after the endless stream of douchebags that came onto this site. How the reporting of Clausen's surgery led to numerous personal attacks on the people who run this site is beyond me. Maybe you assholes should consider that someone else might have a more informed opionion than your own for once. I especially appreciate the St. Joe douche who refuses to say his name.

Buzzsaw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Southeast Jerome said...

Today, we spell redemption L-O-G

Buzzsaw said...

Hahaha, Southeast Jerome, what a great name... Sam is that you??

Guy said...

Oh the little Clausen boy.

Buzzsaw said...

It is surgery, ESPN has no idea right now, clearly they weren't ready for this story, they just picked it up and did what they could since the message boards were freaking out ... that's why it's soo vague.

Health Blog said...

With that being said, even if he is somehow ready for the start of fall practice, this is still a huge story.