Friday, February 8, 2008

Baseball's Jim Sorensen is a Drunk Again

Holy shit, I thought I knew how to drink, but this guy puts me to shame. Jim Sorensen, former MLB player and Detroit Tiger play by play guy, was arrested on his 7th drunken-driving related incident last night. Detroit cops found him passed out in his car on the side of a Detroit highway. He was taken to the hospital where it was discovered that his BAC was 6 times the legal limit.

Jim was sentenced to 20 months in prison for drinking during 2005, and released in June 2006 after serving 14 months. Most people might consider hitching a ride to the party after 6 DUI’s and a 14 month stay in prison, but not Jim. I was going to ask what type of friends would let Jim drive with that drinking resume, but then realized a drunk of his caliber probably doesn’t have too many.

Michigan’s legal limit is .08, so that means he was at a .46 at the time he got tested. Who knows how long he had been passed out on the side of the road or how insane his BAC was at it’s highest point? I remember the alcohol classes I had to take after getting a couple drinking ticket in college, and they always showed us this ridiculous chart of BAC levels and the symptoms that accompanied them. (see below)


The lady leading the alcohol class always said two things.

  1. If you’ve been arrested once you’ll be back again. (She was right.)
  2. Any BAC above a .30 is extremely dangerous, and any BAC above a .40 usually results in comatose or death.

Seasoned drinkers will usually laugh at the 2nd statement. Anyone who knows how to party has hit that .30 mark once in their life, and the true drinking “stars” have come close to that .40. Yet, when one gets into the .40’s, it’s just scary -and more often than not -deadly. Good ole’ Jim was getting pretty close to a .50, and still had the wherewithal to get off the road.

Reckless, drunken idiot or "leading light" for alcoholics everywhere? I’ll let the public decide.

Really though, 7 DUI’s? Come on now, Jim.

MA

15 Comments:

Dr. Big Sexy said...

As an ER doc I have seen some impressive BACs in my career. (0.75 was the highest I believe, but that was a TRUE professional drinker.) But even then, Sorenson is no lightweight

Anonymous said...

Check out the bottom of one of the notice emails and you can pull out at any time.



my website; http://www.bikernet.com/blog/?p=4380

Anonymous said...

Sir, very v usefull the website send me theVideo thangs.

my homepage: doc.istanto.net

Anonymous said...

Sir, very v usefull the site send me theVideo thangs.


Take a look at my web site :: xerox phaser 8560 toner

Anonymous said...

how could i do this on a mac.

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sir, very v usefull the site send me theVideo thangs.


Here is my webpage www.Blogus.Niegowa.Eu

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.

You're incredible! Thanks!

Here is my weblog: xerox 8560 error codes

Anonymous said...

Sir, pls send that video clip to my email I.D. It will be aid ful 2 make pcb
effortless. Thankyou.

Look at my web-site - xerox phaser 8560 printer

Anonymous said...

excellent issues altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader.
What may you suggest about your put up that you simply made some days ago?
Any certain?

Here is my website ... best web host *http://www.ukbesthosting.info/*

Anonymous said...

your room sizi is best for 32 inch lcd tv,my room is 16 foot and i installed
32 inch lcd on my room.its awsome

My page; 42 inch LS5600 [www.lg42ls5600.co.uk]

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was seeking for, what a information! existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web page.

Here is my weblog; TV from LG

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I certainly loved every bit of it.
I've got you book marked to check out new stuff you post…

Look at my page :: xerox 8560 yellow

Anonymous said...

Yοu can certainlу ѕeе your еxρertise within thе aгticle yоu write.

The sector hopes foг eνеn mогe passіonаte writers
likе you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. All the time follow your heart.

my weblog; facebook proxy (http://dnslookup.fr/)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I
am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.


Here is my blog post: xerox 8560 part numbers

Anonymous said...

I am actually thanκful to the owner of this sitе whο hаs shаred this fantastiс аrticle at аt this place.


Fееl fгеe to visit mу weblοg .
.. facebook register