Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pretty Boy Ready To Fight Again

It looks like Floyd Mayweather Jr. is not done fighting after all. He has announced that he plans to come out of retirement to fight Ricky Hatton. Obviously this a very exciting development for anyone who is a fan of boxing. I could write some analysis and stuff about the potential fight, but I think you'll enjoy it more if I let Pretty Boy Floyd do all the talking. Here's what he had to say about Hatton....

"He has disrespected me and my accomplishments in the ring, and I take that very seriously. I'm going to give him the opportunity to step up and fight the best in the world. I don't think this punk will take the challenge."

"Now that Hatton has opened up his big mouth, he might start to think about what he has been asking for."

"Does he really want to step into the ring with best fighter of this era and embarrass himself? Being the coward that he is, I doubt he'll get in the ring. We'll see what his excuse will be this time."

"He beat an old (Kostya) Tszyu and he beat an old Castillo who was shot. I beat Castillo twice and the first time I did it with one hand because the other was so messed up."

"That was five years ago when Castillo was in his prime. I was retired but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now."

"I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up."

"I've never wanted to hurt an opponent like I do Hatton. For me, boxing is a science but it will be a pleasure to prove to the world what a great phoney the guy is."

"Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He cannot box. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. There is no skill to what he does in the ring. He has got zero skills."

"I will beat him all the way back to England."

Wow.

Pretty Boy Ready to Silence Hatton

4 Comments:

Buzzsaw said...

I hate Mayweather more and more everyday ... he's making this seem like he's taking the fight to protect his honor or something, but by taking this fight he's avoiding the more worthy contenders in the welterweight division. As of right now, Hatton is two divisions lighter than Mayweather. He refuses to fight Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito. He's a pussy. He's gonna kick the shit out of Hatton though, at least points-wise

Daris said...

ya this is fucking stupid. its about two things with floyd:

1. money

2. knowing he's around a 2/1 favorite going into a fight

It's not about honor with Floyd. Hatton is the least worthy (talent/competition wise), but can draw the most money. How ppl don't see this baffles me. I almost forgot about my Floyd is overrated write-up but this shit makes me want to reconsider.
if he fights hatton, i'm not buying the fight.

BigLots said...

Mayweather is such a pussy for continually ducking Butterbean.

Dr. Health said...

Now that Hatton has opened up his big mouth, he might start to think about what he has been asking for.