Tuesday, July 3, 2007

An Attempt to Make Your Day Worse

Due to a combination of factors today I am in a pretty foul mood. So I thought I would allow you all to share it with me by coming up with a list of things that I hate. In no particular order…

Ridiculous fantasy trade proposals. At no point do I, nor will I want David Weathers on my fantasy team. EVER.

The radio. I swear to God if I hear the song “Buy U A Drank” one more time I’m going to drive my car into oncoming traffic.

Golf. My game reached an all-time low yesterday when I whiffed with a nine iron on the fourth hole. There were witnesses

Julio Lugo. Congratulations on hitting .083 for the month of June, Julio. For those scoring at home that’s worse than Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, Julian Tavaraz, and even the corpse of Doug Mirabelli!

People who hold in their sneezes. I don’t know why this bothers me but seriously, just let it fly.

Christiano Ronaldo. I know he’s a good soccer player but he’s also a douche. If you think otherwise, well, you’re wrong.

ESPN. Last night I was watching Sportscenter and a large portion of the show was devoted to a fictitious tournament where famous people in sports were set up in brackets and the network’s most annoying commentators were arguing over who was more “now” to decide who advances to the next round (what does that even mean??). Seriously, what happened to this company? Whoever thought of this idea should be fired on the spot. My hope is that its Stuart Scott.

While we’re on the subject of ESPN…

Steve Phillips. I have yet to hear one semi intelligent comment come from his mouth. We’re supposed to listen to trade speculation and analysis from the same person who traded for the planet formerly known as Mo Vaughn?

And last but not least,

Roger Clemens. When will people get the picture that no one cares about this fat piece of crap? He’s alienated the fan base of every team he’s ever played for. NO ONE LIKES HIM. I can’t think of a more disgusting sight than watching Clemens fondle the Babe Ruth statue before he waddles in from the bullpen before each game. On a more positive note though, I can’t wait to watch him finish his career on a Yankees team that misses the playoffs by ten games. See things are already looking up.

9 Comments:

Buzzsaw said...

Haha, there really is nothing more frustrating than a certain someone offering you ridiculous trades, but no only that .. the worst part is the paragraph that comes with the proposal about why the trade is soo good. I was offered Weathers yesterday, he isn't even there closer the rest of the week.

Seriously though, I've got an offer of Konerko and Todd Jones for Takashi Saito ... I've gotta do it right? Even though I probably won't start Konerko? Just for Konerko's potential and the fact that Jones will have more saves the rest of the way, right? I can't pull the trigger for some reason, I guess because I hate 2:1's.

Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said...

It was actually the 3rd hole where you whiffed...regardless, it was a great whiff, one that could have been played off as a practice swing...but i admire your honesty

Daris said...

log, i also whiffed the day before at knollwood. I dont think its you or I as we are both very talented golfers. It's your clubs. They need to start cooperating.

Brooks said...

Thank God you had a Phil-esque momment on nine or you would be $40 richer.

BigLots said...

I'm pretty sure that the fictitious tournament that you're talking about is that "Who's Now?" garbage. It is so awful. Even the name of it pisses me off. I refuse to watch or vote on that crap.

Bish said...

the worst part about "who's now" is that the matchups are not even remotely entertaining. Tiger vs. the quarterback of the ARIZONA CARDINALS! Why even have 4 brackets seeded 1 through 8? They might as well just start with each number one seed facing each other and not even bothering to acknowledge the other 20+ guys.

secondly: you wanna know what bothers me? People who hate players simply because they are good. Sure Ronaldo is really cocky and really emotional but has he really done anything to warrant being labeled an asshole (other than the rooney incident which in hindsight I would surely do if it sent my country into the world cup semis)? You may hate him but Im sure if he was on your team, which finished over 30 points behind his in the table, you would appreciate him as one of the best. Let him be - at least until he dives for the 1st time next season.

And congrats log on the signing of Torres. In the words of the biggest d-bag on espn Steven "A.A." Smith "He is an absolute stud" The Premiership should be amazing this year.

Logan said...

I don't hate him cause he's good. I hate him mostly because he dives, and partly because he's a metro.

About Health Blog said...

Whoever thought of this idea should be fired on the spot.