Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crazy People: Why must you act so crazy?


I don’t really have too much to say. Things are slow and boring right now, but I’m trying to follow through with my 30 articles. Whenever there isn’t anything to talk about, I almost instantly go on a long rant about things I find completely mind-blowing. Sometimes the rant is about a fashion trend that borders on absurdity. Sometimes it’s about politics or sports. Sometimes it’s about something as stupid as annoying people habits. Invariably, the rant starts with “I hate it when”, “I hate it how”, or “I hate (Insert name of person)”. Today is no exception to the rule. There’s is nothing worth writing about, so here it goes.

I hate it when insane people do ridiculous things, especially to children. Usually, you don’t have to look too far to find stories that fit the mold. Then again, there are over 6 billion people living on the earth, so statistically, it makes a lot of sense.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across an article about a man who had killed, mutilated, filleted, and then cooked his girlfriend’s body parts after a domestic dispute. Not only that, he called the cops to let them know that his victim’s ear lobe was boiling in some water and a plate covered in human flesh was sitting on his kitchen table. What a gentleman? Oh, and I guess a fork was on the table too, because we all know human flesh isn’t “finger food.”

Around the same time, a story came out about another one of those women “with a history of mental illness” who killed her four daughters because they were “possessed by demons.” Autopsies on the children revealed that they had probably been dead since May of last year. I can’t even tell you how many of these stories I’ve read over the last 5 years and just like everyone else, the same “What in the flying fuck was that crazy person thinking?” thought crosses my mind every time I hear one.

Earlier today I read a story about a woman being charged with the murder of her baby. Police are claiming the baby died after being put in a microwave and nuked like a TV dinner. She claims she was drunk and doesn’t remember anything about the night the baby died. Most people get black out drunk and pee in a corner, on something expensive that isn’t theirs, or on someone they’re actually quite found of. This woman got drunk and put her baby in a microwave. I’m just glad I haven’t been around any infants while drinking heavily.

I am constantly shaking my head in amazement as I read these stories. To say they leave me completely bemused would be a gross understatement, but I can’t think of a word that’s descriptive and powerful enough to put it in better perspective for people. I really just don’t get it.

These stories are even more surprising because, many times, the people acting so insane don’t have a criminal record or anything in their past that would indicate something like this was coming. I guess that’s what makes the stories so shocking. Does something trigger such activity? Is it just a momentary lapse in reason regained only seconds too late after the act is done? Do these people have some inherent flaw that’s just destined to surface eventually? What is the thought process leading up to the actually undertaking of the insane activity, and I guess more interesting, what is the person thinking as they are actually carrying it out?

I really don’t know. To be able to step into someone’s mind during those insane moments, and get a glimpse into the pure chaos and absolute irrationality they produce, would be awesome only because you’d be able to comprehend how/why people do the incomprehensible.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by what I’m saying. When someone posses the age old question, “if you could have one superpower what would it be?” I undoubtedly respond by saying it would be the ability to read someone else’s mind. Oh, and to the people who choose a super-power like flying or being invisible, you’re all idiots. Psychological-super powers kick Physical super-powers’ asses any day of the week. If you want to fly, get on a plane. If you want to be invisible, set up one of those tiny cameras in a room or go out and by some camouflage gear.

Anyway, if I were able to understand what these people were thinking, my life would make more sense. I wouldn’t have to bitch and moan about things I don’t understand. More importantly, I’d never again have to shake my head in disbelief when I hear one of these whack ball stories.

Just a few minutes ago I read another story about a 24-yr old who was sentenced to four years in prison for using a Stun gun two times on his 18 month old kid. The man supposedly was trying to make his soon tough, so that he would become the best “cage fighter of all time”. Please, someone explain to me how this makes sense.

Here’s the Stun Gun Clip:

I assure you that this post wasn’t written after watching an episode of Dr. Phil. In fact, his show is probably responsible for 60-70% of the insanity I’m talking about. The big, bald goof-ball really makes people go batty. Anyway, I’m done ranting, but here’s a little advice:

If you ever have an insane thought cross your mind just give some one a call. However, make sure it’s not me. I really hate talking on the phone and my minutes are always too high as is. Just kidding….kind of.

Matt Arrowhead

2 Comments:

educated bet said...

Thats the dude from the twisted sister video. "What DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE"
Peace..Iron MIke

Robert said...

Very worthwhile info, lots of thanks for your article.
French Twist New England Boiled Dinner