Saturday, February 2, 2008

Absurd


Disclaimer:Though the picture might suggest otherwise, I was really pissed about the story I read.


“You shouldn’t do anything unless you’re willing to put forth 100% effort.”

I’ve heard that line hundreds of times throughout my life. Well, you know what, I think that line is complete bullshit. I’ve done a bunch of shit at less than 100%, and usually it’s pretty decent. I just hope that sentiment of mine will apply to this article I’m about to write because, honestly, I’d be lying if I said even 1% effort was given to its creation.

So you have one of two options:

  1. Stop reading this article right now.
  2. Continue reading this article and realize that you are probably a bigger loser than me; considering you know how stupid this thing is going to be and still continue to read.

Haha, so you choose option #2, I see. You are a bigger loser than me. Anyway, I read a little article today about two suicide bombings at Pet Markets in Iraq. Anytime I read about one of these, I get frustrated because I realize how ridiculous this world is. However, frustration is usually where it ends. I don’t attach any emotion to the events. Frankly, doing so would be entirely too taxing on myself, and because I’m selfish, I don’t want to have to deal with it.

However, the bombing today was extra sickening because the suicide bombers used were actually mentally handicapped women, who probably had no idea what they were doing.
The two women went into a crowded area of Baghdad, with bombs strapped to their bodies (unbeknownst to them), and killed 91 Iraqis. Some asshole had a detonator and activated it once the mentally retarded women entered the targeted pet markets. I guess this type of thing shouldn’t surprise me, but I was under the assumption that most of the people who perpetrated these heinous acts were “religious zealots who were willing to die for their ultimate cause”. Though the idea that people were actually willing to kill themselves for their cause frightened me, it wasn’t nearly as defeating as this story.

Now, we have big time vaginas committing terrorist acts, who aren’t even willing to die for their own cause. In fact, they are such cowards that they have to strap bombs to innocent, mentally challenged people and have those people carry out their dirty work. Really, what’s next?

I’d even have trouble faking mental retardation to get to the front of a line. Sadly however, it seems like a good idea. Really, check out this scene from Curb.

Hey, it’s pretty ridiculous, but sometimes you gotta laugh (as cliche as it may sound). If not, the absurdity of some folks would absolutely eat away at you.

Matt Arrowhead

0 Comments: