Saturday, September 22, 2007

Secrets Secrets Are No Fun

I FOUND IT!!!! My #1 source at Notre Dame, who's name I will not mention, handed me a copy of Charlie Weis's offensive play book. It is much thinner than I thought it would be, it consists of one formation and one play. The regular halfback dive is not in the play book, apparently Jimmy Clausen just calls the run when his arm gets sore. But anyways here is the formation used in every play.



Standard, ace single back three wide formation used in every Notre Dame down so far this year. In this singular play zero receivers are allowed to go more than 5 yards because otherwise Notre Dame might score. In case you didn't recognize the play book yet, this is the WR screen that is run on 3 & 20, 3&inches, 7th & 23.. etc. you get the point.

I think it would be cool to have Notre Dame throw a deep ball this year. I don't know if it will happen, but maybe just once. I know the offensive line can only hold people for 1.3 seconds, but make me happy

3 Comments:

mjenks said...

They did throw one long in the Penn State game. Golden Tate made a great adjustment on the ball and hauled it in.

And the O-Line did hold up for Jimmy to set his feet and throw. Unfortunately, they got flagged for that holding.

But, yes, I would like to see some more throws to, oh, I dunno, let's say...All-American Tight End John Carlson?

Buzzsaw said...

I blame no one other than the offensive line, they make it impossible to do anything. We really can't judge anyother aspect of the offense, other than maybe the coaching. But the coaches are pretty handcuffed since they pretty much have to throw it in under .5 seconds. Dump off, screen, or bubble pass .. when that's your offense, it's pretty easy to stop.

mjenks said...

The fact that there was positive yards gained on the ground this weekend at least puts some light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a pinprick, but it's still a light.