Friday, June 8, 2007

Random Thoughts

  • Not much to say about Game 1 of the finals. Lebron shit the bed and the Cavs looked outmatched in the coaching department, leading to a Spurs victory in a game they didn't shoot particularly well.
  • Curt Schilling came one out away from a no-hitter, only to give up a single to Shannon Stewart. He recovered to induce a pop-out for the 1-0 win. It was kind of disappointing but I'm much happier that he's pitching well and the Red Sox got a win even though their offense is still sucking.
  • I said that I was going to write a review of Freakonomics but I don't really have that much to say about and I don't think many people will really give a shit. I thought it was a very interesting book although the actual research is informative at best and trivial at worst. I think the most important thing the book teaches is that you cannot always accept the convenient or commonly held answer to most questions. It shows how to look at problems or questions from a neutral point of view and how to find your own answer. For that reason alone I would recommend reading it. That's all.
  • I'm also working on a preview of the Judah-Cotto fight. Should be pretty sweet.

3 Comments:

Bish said...

Along the same lines of your Freakonomics revie; I was thinking about writing review of Moneyball which I just picked up yesterday but realized that I would probably be way too depressed to write anything after I read it. This is because I am going to come to the realization that all of the money the cubs spent this year will most likely lead to a 3rd or 4th place finish in the central.

Bish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Medical Blog said...

I think the most important thing the book teaches is that you cannot always accept the convenient or commonly held answer to most questions.