Some leftover thoughts from the tragic event.
- Was anyone else rooting for Eric Byrnes to drown?
- I think I would emptyboth my savings account and my checking account to find out what in the name of God could Ichiro and Manny Ramirez have been talking about after Ichiro’s inside the park home run.
- There was a very nice moment in the AL dugout when the three Indians players (Martinez, Sabathia, and Sizemore) engaged in a very, very long three way hug for no apparent reason.
- It’s really great having Tim McCarver around. He enlightened us with little tidbits like “You don’t have to throw a strike to get one,” and “If David Ortiz’s hobby wasn’t cooking his nickname would be Little Papi.” The second one literally silenced the room where I was watching the game.
- Another question. If you’re a woman who is going to be performing on national TV and you’re even considering raising your arm over your head, don’t you have to at least think about shaving your armpits within the last week? That was just gross.
- Pretty funny moment in the 8th (or maybe 9th) when the home plate umpire got drilled in the shoulder and FOX decided to cut to his mike. And I quote, "God DAMN IT that hurt!"
- When you were a kid did you ever play that game where you try to think of a sentence that you thought no one in the history of the world has ever said before? Well, I got a good one. “Dmitri Young legs out an infield hit.”