Monday, September 3, 2007

The Contest Update


As our faithful readers already know, we will be having an ongoing competition during the year in which all the contributors minus Logan will attempt to succesffuly predict college football and NFL games. One thing you have to remember is that we are picking against the spread, not straight up winners. For those of you who don't gamble, this is pretty difficult and anyone who comes out above .500 has done pretty well. Forget successfully predicting all five games. That's pretty much impossible. You would have to be a complete badass to do something like that, so don't expect it.

I was planning on doing a "Beat of the Week" in which I pointed out who suffered the worst loss but no one really had any unlucky losses. Therefore, I'll use this space to point out how bad Buzzsaw's "Game of the Week" was. He told us to take the over in The Miami-Ball St. game and the line was set at 53. The final score was 14-13. Needless to say, I won't be following his lead this week.

Anyways, let's take a look at the standings after week one.

The Contest


W L
BigLots 5 0
Guy 3 2
Sammich 2 3
Buzzsaw 1 4


To sum it up, I'm pretty awesome.

2 Comments:

Buzzsaw said...

Thank you for being lenient, my pick this week is an absolute lock. Actually, I have a really bad feeling that I'm going to lose my first three. We'll see how it goes.

Buzzsaw said...

There is no doubt I'm winning this contest ... mark that down.