Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Penny for your Thoughts

In my WSOP 2007 Main Event running diary, I explained that before final table action began, my friend Joe transferred Hevad Khan $0.01 on Pokerstars. In other words, a lucky penny. He then e-mailed Stars to explain to them what he did, and they e-mailed back saying that they forwarded his e-mail onto Hevad. All in all, a ridiculous turn of events. Well, Saturday at about noon, I got an e-mail forwarded to me from Joe (originally from Khan himself). Here's what it said:

It was great way to end the series, and to have everyones support especially including your own it made the experience that much more emotional and fun for me. I seriously gave this tournament every bit of focus and energy that I could and pulled the best result that I could see possible. That being said, I am totally happy with my 6th place finish. I hope you keep working real hard so that next year it'll be you on tv doing back flips and chugging gallons of milk on front of the camera (or something else ridiculous) lol! Take it easy man.

Sincerely,
Hevad "RaiNKhAN" Khan
The internet. It's a crazy place.

2 Comments:

Buzzsaw said...

That's a weird story

Guy said...

Oh, forgive me, Mr. Deadspin.