Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Patrick

I love this picture for sooo many reasons. I don't want Patrick Ewing, or this classic look, to go out of style. I don't really know what else to do with the picture other than post it, and hope it’s worth a 1,000 words.

To honor Patrick, in all of his simple sophistication, I hope to spread this picture over the vast internet plains, so that in a little over two months "The Patrick" will be in full force at Halloween parties world wide.

Such a simple, cheap costume.

Here's what you need:
1. A pillow to create the gut; unless you're already a bit of a fatty
2. A white v-neck (Hanes or Fruit of the Loom)
3. A White Whatever the hell that thing is on the top of his head (Found at gas stations)
4. Some Black/Brown paint if you're white
5. Stilts (if you take Halloween way too seriously)

I love it, I love it, I love it. Thank you Facebook and thank you Pat Ewing, Jr. for befriending me a few years ago. I'm just glad I finally looked at your photo album.

Your dad looks like he's ready to go get busy in that picture. Why else would he be so jolly?

I've got a copy framed on my work desk.

3 Comments:

Guy said...

I just can't believe he isn't sweating like a dog. I swear, he used to be dripping during the first quarter of games back in the day.

Daris said...

remember guy, this was taken right before he banged a young, georgetown freshman.

I'm sure the sweat started coming about 1 minute into his new version of the "first quarter" (foreplay to the layman)

jose said...

I just found this picture on Google, and yo, that's hilarious. But he's an old pops now, and not the dominating middle man in NYC anymore. That's how them old ball players get.