Sunday, August 12, 2007

You're too Drunk to Drive Home

Those crazy German's are at it again. This time, they've created something called "The Piss Screen", which attempts to prevent intoxicated people from driving home after a fun night out at the bars. Chris Henry and the Bengals have been partying in the wrong country!

I won't get into full details other than to say that a video game is installed over urinals, and men use their piss to play. The urinals have two sensors on opposite sides allowing men to control movement of the video car with their pee. The company hopes to scare people away from drunk driving by making them realize their reaction time has been drastically slowed down.

The overall design of the driving game was similar in style to that of Need for Speed, requiring relatively quick reactions. Obviously the more drunk you are, the slower your response, reinforcing the effects of alcohol to the gamer. The game ultimately culminates in a shocking crash-sequence, leaving the viewer with little doubt as to the repercussions of driving while drunk.


Good idea in theory maybe, but I'm thinking it might actually increase drunk driving. A little practice before the real deal never hurt, right? I'm a pretty huge ass, but I could see something like this actually pumping me up after a dozen too many drinks. Any competitor should feel the same way.

AI heard about the new fangled invention and said, "We talking about practice, man. We still talking about practice."



I'm just joking of course, I don't want the MADD coming after our little blog.

Crazy Germans

2 Comments:

Guy said...

I would be mad when I was done pissing because I would want to keep playing. I see this as another problem, because people will just drink more because they want to give it another go.

Buzzsaw said...

This will only help to increase the number of broken X-Box's; can you get mad at your friend for pissing on your console when 'it worked last time.' I don't think you can.